Thursday, May 8, 2014

Auction day in Market Rasen

It's auction day in Market Rasen today, at Perkins George Mawer in the High Street.  John and I went to the preview yesterday and looked at a few lots that we were interested in.  There was a big variety of stuff there, both fine art and antiques and junk.  We went around and marked the things we were interested in, and then collaborated on a limit for each of the items.  He's there this morning, bidding on things for both of us.

Antiques and secondhand furniture always seem very expensive when you are buying, and very cheap when selling.  Looking around the auction room, there were a few things I'd have bought if the price was right... but I know I would get carried away, so I'm keeping away from the auction.


No comments:

Post a Comment